Agricultural Worker Swinton Park
Location: Swinton Park
Job Type: Contract
Sharpe Farm Supplies is a family-owned company in the agriculture industry. We are looking for a driven, organized individual to help in the day-to-day operations in our Guelph and Swinton Park locations. We strive to get the most out of our fields and work hard to maintain the fertility of each acre. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about agriculture to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating a sprayer and have knowledge of grain elevators. A willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends during the busy seasons is a must. The candidate will be expected to work diligently with strong attention to detail, independently, and as part of a team.
Minimum 40 hours per week, however, hours will vary depending on the season and daily requirements.
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Receiving and sampling grains
- Loading trucks
- Some repairs and maintenance
Skills & Requirements
- Previous farm experience - cash crop farm preferred
- Driver’s license and a clean driver abstract
- Experience safely operating and maintaining farm equipment
- Demonstrated ability to carry out directions and tasks diligently
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Reliable, self-motivated
- High School Diploma or Equivalent