Farm Equipment Operator / Grain Elevator Assistant
Location: Guelph & Swinton Park
Job Type: Farm Equipment Operator / Grain Elevator Assistant
Sharpe Farm Supplies is a family-owned company in the agriculture industry. We are looking for a driven, organized individual to help in the day-to-day operations in our Guelph and Swinton Park locations. We strive to get the most out of our fields and work hard to maintain the fertility of each acre. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about agriculture to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have experience operating a sprayer and have knowledge of grain elevators. A willingness to work long hours, including nights and weekends during the busy seasons is a must. The candidate will be expected to work diligently with strong attention to detail, independently and as part of a team.
Minimum 40 hours per week, however, hours will vary depending on the season and daily requirements.
Guelph Location 50%
- Cropping operations including seeding, spraying, harvesting, etc.
- Operation of heavy farm machinery in a safe manner
- Striving for improvement and a willingness to learn
- Varied hours depending on the season and weather *willingness to work long hours is a
- must when necessary
- Evenings and weekends during planting and harvest
Swinton Park Location 50%
- Receiving and sampling grains
- Loading trucks
- Some repairs and maintenance
Skills & Requirements
- Previous farm experience - cash crop farm preferred
- Driver’s license and a clean driver abstract
- Experience safely operating and maintaining farm equipment
- Computer savvy and solid math skills
- Demonstrated ability to carry out directions and tasks diligently
- Good problem-solving skills and strong attention to detail
- Reliable, self-motivated
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Sprayer Operator License an asset
Offering a competitive wage to be determined upon experience, qualifications and skills. Extensive Benefits Package.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent