Location: Guelph, ON
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
The position of purchasing agent consists of planning, directing, and coordinating all product and inventory buying activities.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- purchasing: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
- Responsible for buying activities of core "warm room" products. Activities such as monitoring inventory and orders, submitting purchase orders, communicating with suppliers on logistic timelines, and submitting proper documentation to accounts payable for payment.
- Communicate with Retail and Wholesale team members on product selection while managing strict timelines for, upcoming promotions, monitoring clearance products, and inventory carrying costs.
- Conduct a professional relationship with suppliers to leverage our opportunities with them.
- Provide support and guidance to required staff to source and set up new products as well as product lines as necessary for retail, wholesale, and e-commerce streams.
- Monitor and manage price change reviews and updates.
- Responsible for inventory management including the physical inventory of "warm room" products and category review of DC and Retail Store stock.
- Other responsibilities as needed.
Skills & Requirements
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer proficiency (MS Office - Word, Excel, and Outlook)
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Purchasing experience
- Ability to safely and successfully perform the essential job functions consistent with the outline.
- Ability to maintain regular, punctual attendance consistent with provided expectations.
- Able to attend physical trade shows and vendor events as needed.
- Must be able to lift 25kgs repeatedly as required.
- Must be able to talk, listen and speak on the telephone.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 18 months